John Milledge Academy’s mission is to partner with parents to develop the abilities and interests of every student through challenging curricula and extracurricular opportunities that focus on critical and creative thinking, strong communication skills, leadership and team development, lifelong learning, and service to others.
Statement of beliefs
- Education is the key to success.
- Education is a partnership between the home and the school.
- Learning is a continual lifelong process.
- Students should be challenged to reach their highest potential in academics, athletics and the arts.
- Parents, faculty and staff should be held to a higher standard, leading by example.
- A safe and orderly environment promotes student learning.
- Communication skills, problem solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills are essential for success in an ever-changing world.
- A caring faculty, who continuously develops the art of teaching, is essential for student success.
- Students should accept responsibility and demonstrate accountability for their work and actions. Students should strive to demonstrate servitude, citizenship, discipline, honesty, patriotism, and integrity.
- A Christian atmosphere establishes moral guidelines.
- Every person in the JMA family shares the responsibility for advancing the school’s mission.